Monday 28 March 2016

As the Lydd to Dungeness road was closed between Cockles Bridge and the reserve entrance by fallen power lines for most of the day I visited Scotney. Storm Katie's was still blowing hard. The sward was virtually birdless apart from a few Wigeon and the wing shot Geese that cant get away. Herring Gull was awash, just a handful of Gulls were hunkered down on it.
 Unsurprisingly little to be seen at Scotney today!
My next stop was Galloways where at the bottom a mass of Gulls fed along tide line, though I couldn't find anything of note among them.  
1 of at least 3 Firecrests in Dengemarsh Gully.
Dengemarsh Gully did offer some protection from the wind, 3 Firecrests were seen along with 4 Linnets and the usual Dunnocks, Robins, Wrens.
This afternoon at Dengemarsh viewed from the Chicken Sheds, the Tundra Bean Goose wasn't doing its credentials any favours by associating with 2 Egyptian Geese, 7 Barnacle Geese, 6 Canada Geese and c40 Greylag Geese.
It would seem that there was an arrival of Sand Martins on the peninsula today, not that I saw any, though I'm sure by the end of July I may have seen 1 or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment