Saturday 12 December 2015

Another Caspo!

On the reserve first thing this morning there was no sign of the Long-eared Owl on its usual perch, though apparently it had returned by midday, 5 Smew could be seen from Dennis's hide also a Great White Egret there.
From the fishing boats 08.00-09.00
Brent Goose: 1E  19W
Common Scoter: 1E  1W
Great-crested Grebe: 137 west from Lade Bay
Red-throated Diver: 1E   27W
Gannet: 56W
Cormorant: c200 around
Mediterranean Gull: 1W  (2w)
Kittiwake:  9W
Guillemot:  22W
Razorbill: 2W
Auk sp:  13W
After dropping my binoculars into Hythe Camera's to be repaired I saw 5 Purple Sandpipers on the Breakwater at the end of Twiss Road, Hythe.
This afternoon as I drove onto the beach I could see Richard Bonser busily photographing a Gull in the roost, parking up and scanning the roost I spotted the gleaming white head that held Richard's attention, a very smart 3w Caspian Gull. As it was it was sitting down I couldn't see that it sported a yellow ring PNXB making it the same bird that David Walker had seen briefly earlier in the week.
3w Caspian Gull




No comments:

Post a Comment