Monday 22 June 2015

Turtle Dove

A half hour sea watch from The Point in the rain this morning was not particularly rewarding, a Little Egret flew west as did a party of 15 Gannets, c8 Common Terns and 4 Sandwich Terns were feeding up and down the beach and a bedraggled Pied Wagtail kept me company. 
At the ARC with the rain came c200 Swifts with smaller numbers of Swallows and House Martins over the lake. 2 Cuckoo's were chasing around the Willow Trail, a Marsh Harrier there and the usual reed bed warblers.
I started to walk down to Scotney Farm but turned back as the rain got heavier, driving towards the double bends I spotted a Turtle Dove, I pulled up, took a couple of quick shots as I could see a police car in my rear view mirror. Most of the rest of my day was taken up with domestic stuff, at least I shouldn't have to go to London any more. 
 Turtle Dove
A few images of last nights moth catch.
 Bird's Wing
 Barred Red
Burnished Brass

No comments:

Post a Comment