Saturday 27 December 2014

White Winger!

A late morning trip off the peninsular to Pett with OL was rewarded with views of the Lesser Yellowlegs though comparatively distant. As time was limited we weren't able to wait for it to come to the roadside pools.
Back in Lydd the 2 Cattle Egrets were still performing in their favorite field.
As I was finishing lunch a tweet from AL and crew about a 1w Glaucous Gull at Greatstone changed my plans for the afternoon, minutes later I was on site but the gull was gone. A wander out to the beach and still no sign. I made my way to the lifeboat station where I could see a swirl of Gulls. On arrival I checked the swirling Gulls but no white winger! Walking over the ridge of the beach, a small roost came into a view including the 1w Glaucous Gull also a family with a dog heading straight into the roost. Fortunately for me they flushed it towards and past me heading towards Greatstone.
1w Glaucous Gull, Dungeness.



Mick and Richard were by the fishing boats with there Bread, Popcorn and fish offal hoping to pull in a goody. They did manage a first in the shape of young Grey Heron investigating the offal bucket.
JYY69 1w Great Black Backed Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment