Wednesday 3 December 2014

Great Northern Diver!

Early this morning peering through the curtains and seeing the steady rain and not being able to see the power station, I quickly slumped back into bed for another couple of hours.
Although still raining when I finally surfaced I made my way to The Point. DW was already there, as I walked over to his car he gave me that look that said I shouldn't have bothered, however as we chatted he heard a Snow Bunting calling ( it was probably over the French coast at the time) shortly I also heard it and saw it coming in off the sea, it flew over us and we could see it was a male, unfortunately it kept on flying NE towards Greatstone. As the rain started again I went back to my car seeing a few Red-throated Divers moving up and down channel, a handful each of Gannets and Kittiwakes, until a shout from DW of big diver coming, a Great Northern Diver duly appeared flying down channel. The wind picked up and the rain increased again so we decided to leave as 3 drake Eider flew past down channel.
Parking in the lay by at the south end of the ARC I scanned The New Diggings seeing the 3 red head Goosander still present a Great White Egret and on the ARC a Black-necked Grebe.
In Dengemarsh road opposite Wraxalls Aggregates the 2 Cattle Egrets were still present.
The rest of the day was spent on domestic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment