Monday 27 January 2014

Damn my lack of photoshop skills!



                                           1w Caspian Gull at the fishing boats this morning.
From the Fishing Boats with DW 07.30-10.00 and 15.00-16.45:
Red-throated Diver: 466W including a single flock of 164
Great-crested Grebe:  N/C but several 100s o/s
Fulmar: 8W
Gannet: 165W
Cormorant: c400 probably an under estimate.
Common Scoter: 232w
Velvet Scoter: 1w
Long-tailed Duck: 1w
Wigeon: 15W
Oystercatcher: 2E
Dunlin: 1W
Knot: 1W
Turnstone: 20 on beach
Little Gull: 1W
Kittiwake: c400w and feeding off shore
Black-headed Gull: 1,000s feeding close in shore this afternoon.
Mediterranean Gull: 1W
Common Gull: c400 feeding close in shore this afternoon.
Caspian Gull: 5 on beach
Auks: c12,000W  though probably an under estimate.
On my 6th attempt I finally managed to get an identifiable shot of the Hume's Leaf Warbler in the trapping area, albeit with a twig across it (I must learn how to remove twigs in photoshop). I found it almost immediately and had it in more or less constant view for half an hour, but very low and deep in the bush and did not manage a single recognisable shot. It then disappeared, I had all but given up hope of ever getting a shot of it when DW arrived, with the aid of his brilliant hearing he quickly relocated it and eventually I managed the above shot.  

 This afternoon while at the fishing boats 2 more 1w Caspian Gulls appeared along with a 2w. DW also located another 2W in the roost.
While photographing  the Caspian Gull I dropped my phone on the beach without realising it, when I did it I quickly located it, but not quick enough a wave had just come in over it. Its on the radiator now but I have my doubts!



The 2 Black-throated Divers are still on The New Diggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment