Monday 20 May 2013

Cattle Egret cheers the day

As I arrived at The Point at 07.00 the rain stopped enabling me to wander around all the bushes and the south end of the trapping area, just under 2hrs later I'd managed to find just 2 Chiffchaffs and a single Swallow desperate!
The south end of the ARC held nothing of note, a walk up to the pines found 2 very bedraggled Hobby's and a Cuckoo with a fed of the reed bed warblers singing.
Out on Walland a couple of Yellow Hammers, 2 more Cuckoo's, 4 Turtle Doves and 2 Marsh Harriers before the rain set in again and put an end to birding.
18.15 a text from SB,PP and CT about a Cattle Egret by the entrance track to the reserve, a few minutes later I was watching it on the back of Cow all be it distantly. One of the locals suggested I might be able to see it from my house, realising I probably could, I dashed home set up my scope and it was ticked on the house list. 

1 comment: