Friday 6 April 2012

2w Iceland Gull

As I arrived at the car park TG phoned to say an Iceland Gull was on the beach by The Patch which I was soon watching even though I left my binoculars in the car. It was fairly distant and with the heat haze from the beach made pictures virtually impossible. The bird was soon flushed by fisherman but was later relocated on Burrowes Pit. Very little else on the sea the highlights being 1 Common Tern at The Patch , 8 Brent Geese moving east and a Common Buzzard in.
2w Iceland Gull on Burrowes Pi
From screen the Spoonbill could be seen in its usual pose asleep also 3 Little Ringed Plovers. The Long-tailed Duck was also reported from there.
In Dengemarsh Gully all I could find was 1 Chiffchaff, 2 Meadow Pipits, 1 Wheatear and 2 Ravens over.
Am off to the midlands tomorrow for rest of the weekend for a family get together so no posts till Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment